Friday, 9 May 2008

And now for something completely different:

Wow two posts in one day, I obviously have more important things I should be doing.

This comes purely out of the fact that I do quite a lot of my own cooking, all be it with jars of sauce etc. but I have been known to do things from scratch when inclined, and that I do quite enjoy it.

I was thinking it would be fun to do a program called "The Forgetful Chef". I'll elaborate. Firstly I am quite forgetful, and just now whilst cooking I forgot to put a pan of water on to boil for rice and started cooking the chicken instead, which takes less time to do. Anyway, because I'm weird, prior to realising I was an idiot, I was monologuing in my head about how best to cook this meal, in a typically talking out of my hat TV chef way. This then lead me to thinking that it'd be fun to do a kinda basic cooking program, with the title coming upon my realisation of idiocy.

It'd be mostly a good laugh, especially trying to film something like that in the incredibly cramped kitchen I currently reside in, and the equally, if not more so, cramped kitchen I am soon to reside in. Anyway, may it'll happen, maybe not, who knows.

5 comments:

TheTelf said...

Reminds me of when we were trying to think of a film to do in our second year at uni: we were playing around with the idea of doing a fake cookery show where we just created totally inedible meals, but played it completely straight.

Or one where we gave "advice" to students looking to cook on a budget where all the advice was the same, and was basically "steal food".

Andy J. Wotherspoon said...

hahaha nice

Andy J. Wotherspoon said...

What a lame comment!

To further that point...

Maybe we should do some stuff when I'm in Wimbledoon, it's be awesome.

TheTelf said...

By some stuff, do you mean some filming, or just general activities? Cos I was planning on just ignoring you altogether and pretending you weren't suddenly living really nearby...

:P

Andy J. Wotherspoon said...

hahaha, that's probably the best course of action.

But I was referring to filming more, hoping to coax you into associating with me until other "stuff" end up being done together.