Wednesday 28 November 2007

by their own petard.

When the guys from Penny Arcade announced that they were taking time off from reviewing games in order to create one, game publishers of the world began to sharpen their knives for the sweetest revenge of all.

However, with their game not out yet, we have a vaguely similar, if a zero-budget, pixelated and sardonic one in Art of Theft.

With the game coming from the keyboard of 'Yahtzee', he of the Zero Punctuation reviews, it was only a matter of time before a parody review appeared. It doesn't have his Yahtzee's accent going for it, but matches him for wit and humour, as well as doing a good job actually reviewing the game.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Irony etc.

I just watched the review of FEAR Perseus Mandate on Zero Punctuation and saw the comment at the end about the rip off review. Thought little of it then came here thinking, I wonder if Patrick knows of Zero Punctuation (Of cause you do, it was obvious) never the less I thought that I'd either tell if oyu didn't you or post about it in my blog (lets hope html works in comment boxes) instead.

(incidentally, are you a user of XHTML? if so I love you!)

Well upon seeing your home page I thought, well that answers my question, then I read the rest of the post and it provided me with a video of the afore mentioned rip off review.

I believe two birds where killed with one stone.

Cheers

I prefer Yahtzee, he is easier to understand. Mostly due to his britishy accent, his ability to use a microphone correctly and no doubt his ability to own a decent mic.

All in all a fun little parody.

I'm off to play Art of Theft :D

(Because I have a very copy cool things mentality, I have kinda been writing this in the style of Yahtzee, no doubt I did a poor job, but thought you might like to know.
One day I'll get my own cool style!)