Sunday 4 November 2007

Lexical levity

I found this via this whilst trying to find what this book was called, having heard about it in several places, including HIGNFY and this podcast, which I was recommended to try in this post.

Incidentally, trying to find that book via Google is very difficult if you don't actually know any specific details such as title or author, as any description of it is too wordy to be useful. I finally found it by searching for example words that were given in the podcast.

3 comments:

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

You might also like this, by Howard Rheingold, which I got about seven years ago and which covers the same ground, but in a more thematic way: They Have A Word For It: A Lexicon of Untranslatable Words And Phrases

Meg said...

(that first comment was me, by the way, only I somehow managed to post it using a blogger username I didn't even know I had...)