Sunday 20 April 2008

D'you want anything from the shop?

This is from a couple of weeks ago now, but I've been meaning to link to this wonderful news since I first read it.

Initial thoughts: "Blood And Ice Cream" equals best trilogy name ever. I'm not so struck on the film title at the moment though (it has a little too much in common with the third Pirates Of The Caribbean film title in my opinion), but it is a working title, and once I know a bit more about the film's content it may grow on me.

Needless to say, this film's now taken residence up at the top of my most anticipated films list. I haven't lost faith in Simon Pegg even after Run Fatboy Run (which I admit I found fairly enjoyable when I first watched it, but have since gained a significant dislike and disdain for), and with Edgar Wright at the helm it's bound to sit proudly alongside Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead. I can't wait.

2 comments:

TheTelf said...

SOTD = teh awesome. HF = less awesome but good.

RFBR = waste of time + money, but incidental, as not part of the blood and ice cream deliciousness.

If the new one can get back up to SOTD level then I'm excited too. :P

Unknown said...

I agress (can't spell... had like 4 goes at spelling that and still failed, only just got up though)

I agreew (ARGH!) with telf!

SotD was really different to any other zombie film (not that I've seen any), HF was kinda just a bit silly, but had it's good points (I own it on DVD but will probably get rid of it as I'm not likely to watch it more than a couple of times). However I'm still gonna keep an eye out for this new film. Spaced was awesome and I will remain loyal.