Tuesday 29 April 2008

Update

Just a quick note to say that I'm still alive - I've just been having a little week-long sabbatical from the blog. It wasn't necessarily planned like that, but I failed to post for a couple of days, and then got into a weird place mentally over the weekend, leaving me feeling entirely uninspired for a while longer. Happily the others posting here have been doing a great job in my absence, notably Joe, with his first post on the blog. He's been registered as a writer on here since pretty much the very beginning, so I wouldn't expect another post from him for at least eight months or so.

I'm also excited about the prospect of drink-your-milkshake, which Bambi mentioned previously. Hopefully we'll be able to get a good number of reviews up there, and update frequently enough to be worth keeping track of. A blog isn't the ideal way of organising reviews, giving no real searchability, or accreditation. But then every time I wonder about what the best structure for storing reviews might be, I end up designing a database-driven reviews site. And then I think that I should write one. And then I remember that I already have. Don't go there, seriously, it's horrible. I wrote it before I'd even heard of javascript, and you can tell...

I've got a couple of longer posts in mind, and along with reviews and links posts, I'll be trying to get back towards a post a day as we go into May. That's all for now.

No comments: