Monday 14 January 2008

Linkables 14/1/8

I know, two links posts in a row is poor form, but I'm knackered at the moment, and want to have a clear head when I do a longer one. Really just posting to try and keep up my current sequence of daily posts. Bad form again, but trying to make myself post every day is helping me to actually do it, and I don't want to fall back into old habits.

So, without further wafflage:

Via Jabberwock, we have The Top 100 fundamentalist quotes (this is the actual site, but it seems to be down atm). Most of them are from forums, so it's possible that some of them are trolls, but even so, it's all to easy to believe that there are people out there that hold these views. However you interpret it, hilarious and scary at the same time.

America's worst foods - top 20 artery-busters...

And finally, an old article that was sent to me in jest, but led me to realise that I don't actually think that incest should necessarily be illegal. I'd be interested to hear other people's arguments, but I can't think of any real argument against it. I also didn't realise that incest is legal in France, but apparently so. Damn Frenchies... always one step ahead.

2 comments:

James said...

started reading the fundamentalist quotes and a lot seem pretty tongue in cheek, or really really stupid

TheTelf said...

I accept that both sarcastic people and stupid people exist, and without further information there's no way of telling the difference.

I think most of them have links to their sources on the various forums, so it should be possible to investigate them if you're interested.