Tuesday 22 January 2008

What a total fucking shame

Heath Ledger is dead.

This is pretty much the first time I can remember feeling seriously and genuinely sad about the death of a celebrity. Which is weird, because looking at his filmography, I haven't even really seen many of the films he's been in. I guess he was just someone on the periphery of my film knowledge, who I had mentally assigned as someone I would happily go to a film to see, even if I knew very little else about the film.

I don't even really know why I feel sad, except that it seems like such a waste that he's not going to be able to do anything else and I guess subconsciously I was looking forward to all of the films he would make in the future.

I hope The Dark Knight is as good as the hype seems to be building it up to be, as it seems like it could be a really excellent performance from him.

Either way, RIP Heath.

No comments: