Sunday 11 October 2009

9 things I learned this weekend

Sorry, but I had a ridiculously fun and tiring weekend, and am in no state to do anything beyond a bullet-point post. (P.S. Happy birthday for yesterday, Bambi).

It is possible for me to get up at 5:30 am. It is not fun.

The AA journey planner can be disarmingly inexact about where to turn off to get to your destination.

Some roads go a long, long way before giving you and opportunity to turn around.

It is not particularly reassuring to hear the B&B manager say "Don't worry about getting back late - we never lock the door anyway".

It is strangely thrilling to run across a dual carriageway at night.

My jeans are not loose enough to allow me to vault the central barrier of a dual carriageway with any sort of dignity.

While a full English breakfast and a bag of Haribo is technically enough to sustain me until 8 o'clock at night, it does leave me hungry enough to literally eat anything that is in the fridge when I get home.

Eating a big slice of cheese on an essentially empty stomach is not the greatest idea in the world.

Writing a blog post when every cell in my body is telling me to just curl up and go to sleep does not engender creativity.
'night all. :)

No comments: