Wednesday 28 May 2008

Postwhore + 1

In case people hadn't noticed, there's a link on the right there, by which you can find out the number of posts each author has made on the blog. I wish I could get it to display in the sidebar (and believe me I've tried) but I don't think it's possible at the moment. In any case, it should give you an idea of where you stand.

Not that number of posts necessarily implies mental, physical or moral superiority, but... well... no smoke without fire, you know...

Also, a quick link to a joyous resource: How many times have you wondered how to get from one page to another on Wikipedia in the shortest number of steps (maybe you've even played the Wikipedia game). Now, all questions will be answered by Six Degrees of Wikipedia:

Derren Brown to Stephen Lynch in four steps.
Goth to Chav in three steps.
Rape to Comedy in two steps.

What's the largest separation you can find? Honestly, I'm having trouble finding any above four. It's like finding googlewhacks - trying to think of totally disconnected concepts.

My first five, with the restriction that they were both articles rather than disambiguation pages, is: Elkalyce argiades to Riesz representation theorem

No comments: